International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)Full time Full day
1st February, 2024
Last date to apply
15th February, 2024
Media and Communication
This role will be based in Islamabad, and will contribute to designing, planning, and implementing communication projects and activities in coordination with the head of Communications. S/he contributes to representing the ICRC externally and building the necessary understanding and acceptance of and support for the ICRC among key stakeholders. Moreover, this role will contribute towards enhancing internal communications and stock management.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as communications, political science, international relations or journalism.
- A minimum of 03 years of work experience as a communication/prevention expert in a humanitarian organization, or a similar field, with expertise in public communication, content production, and report writing.
- Photography and videography skills, along with working knowledge of photo and video editing.
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills.
- Expert knowledge of English and Urdu. Knowledge of Pushto an asset.
- Sound knowledge of the political, social, and media environment in Pakistan.
- With minimum supervision, develop content (social media posts, internal reports, web articles, short videos, photographs, and success stories) for operational communication, promoting international humanitarian law (IHL), public communication, information analysis, interaction with interlocutors and operational departments.
- Work closely with the Head of Communication to implement the yearly plan of action and strategies related to Community Engagement and Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP).
- Produce, revise and curate content for internal communication channels, such as newsletters, internal promotional documents and events.
- Consolidate in-house expertise on community engagement. Collect and promote good practices, study cases and evaluations in close alignment with operational departments.
- Prepare and deliver customized dissemination sessions on the ICRC’s work, adapted for targeted audiences (i.e. government bodies, humanitarian organizations, interlocuters, academia).
- Work closely with the National Society and all operational departments to conduct field visits to identify stories as well as opportunities for joint activities.
- Follow political, security, military, and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues relevant to the ICRC's reputation/perception and capacity to operate in the geographic area covered, contributing to their analysis.
- Maintain the communication material stock organized and inventories updated.
- Support communication-related training and coaching for field-structure staff and/or other departments.
- Open-ended contract.
- A competitive package.
- Extensive opportunities for learning and development.
Your application should be submitted no later than 15/02/2024 and MUST include:
- A cover/motivation letter setting out briefly your motivation and suitability for the position. The ICRC will pay special attention to it while shortlisting the applicants.
- A complete and up-to-date CV/Resume.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for further assessment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture, as the diversity of ICRC is critical to our acceptance and the quality of our activities. We encourage individuals from different genders, and backgrounds, as well as people with disabilities, to apply for this position.
Application submitted after the closing date shall not be entertained.