Head of Investigations
Jazz TelecomFull time Full day
Grade Level: L4
Last date to apply: 8th February, 2024
What is Head of Investigations?
The role is responsible for performing the full cycle of corporate investigations on all types of abuses and violations of internal procedures and company rules, including those received through VEON Group’s anonymous reporting Hot Line, starting from the preliminary assessment to the implementation of corrective measures.
What does Head of Investigations do?
- Drafting corporate investigations plans and coordination with VEON Group Investigations.
- Organizing interaction with other departments of the company to obtain data required for the conduct of corporate investigations.
- Preparing reports based on the results of corporate investigations, their approval by, presentation, and justification at company and Group governance bodies such as the Disciplinary Committee.
- Socializing recommendations on measures aimed to prevent or mitigate damage, as well as disciplinary measures against the subjects of investigations; coordinating the implementation of such measures with the relevant internal departments of the company.
- Interacting with Headquarters (VEON, Amsterdam), preparing and delivering the information on the status of investigations and the relevant investigation documents (investigation plan, investigation report, etc.).
- Interacting and improving the lines of communication with the management of the company, preparing and delivering various reports related to investigations.
- Supervising and coordinating the work of colleagues and external consultants, as needed.
- Preparing training materials on certain aspects of conducting corporate investigations.
- Identify potential violations and control weaknesses during investigations.
- Working with information systems, databases, and equipment for investigations, as well as their maintenance and updating.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Head of Investigations?
- Experience in investigations and/or compliance (primarily Forensic) at least 6-8 years.
- Masters, preferably legal or financial.
- The preference is for background experience in the relevant departments of large international audit companies (“Big Four” etc.), international law companies, in compliance, investigations, Forensic, and similar areas
- Experience in managing a small investigations team and in managing laterally and upwards (i.e., reporting findings to management and across other functions).
- Telecommunications / Digital / banking industries’ experience and certifications such as ACA, CPA, CFE or equivalent will be considered as an advantage.
- Proficiency in using investigative information systems and databases, including Nuix, Relativity, Convercent, Navex or equivalent.
- Experience in securing and collecting witness, digital, physical, and documentary evidence as part of investigations.
- Experience and advanced skills in research: search engines, social networks, forums, registries, databases, etc.
- Analytical mindset, good project planning and organizational skills, good skills in conducting interviews and in negotiations.
- Mandatory advanced knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of written and spoken English.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture - truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of over 70 million of our customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.