Senior Automation Engineer
SastaticketFull time Full day
We are looking for an experienced Senior Automation Engineer, for our Karachi Head office, with a solid technical background and leadership skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment primarily using the latest SQA practices.
Delivering the polished product and an excellent experience is at the core of Sastaticket. Our QA team is one of the critical components of this process. With a mix of manual and automation work, we are always trying to push our limits on how we can get the best app experience out there. The right candidate will have a great eye for detail, have worked in a product based team before, should be well familiar with Agile practices and have some experience with automation.
- Lead the team of QA engineers working on different layers of the application.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Coach the team to create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Help estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools (like Cypress).
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
MS/BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field
5+ years in SQA and 1 year at the team lead level
with minimum QA experience of 5 years
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Have worked in a Linux environment, knows basic commands.
- Proven work experience in software development
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines is a plus
- Have some understanding of Docker and its usage.
- Market Competitive Salary
- Medical coverage for Self & Dependents
- Company Stocks Sharing Plans
- Travel Allowance ad Discounts
- Recreational Activities
- Friendly Working Environment
- Flexible Working Hours
- Financial support to technical courses