MENA General Ledger and Accounts Receivables Support - Senior Associate - Karachi
EYFull time Full day
As we roll out the Next Wave Strategy across EY and with our MENA Service Lines starting a new journey with a bold purpose of building a better working world by transforming business through the power of people, technology and innovation, the role of a GL becomes even more critical to ensure that firm liabilities are correctly stated at any given point & balance sheet reflects the correct position of vendors.
As we expand our MENA service lines, we have identified the need to have additional support in the GL function.
Your key responsibilities:
- All finance modules are on SAP so the individual should aware of ERP/ SAP usage.
- Individual should understand offshore working.
- Work shall be managed from the Karachi location for Middle East (ME) offices. This will require effective relationships with the wider finance community in various ME offices.
- Capable of managing the GL functions independently and can participate and lead various improvement activities over the course of time.
- Capable of managing the AR functions independently and can participate and lead various improvement activities over the course of time.
- Develop a clear understanding of and adherence to all finance policies and processes.
- Be a go to person for any GL related issues in the particular location.
- Be a go to person for any AR related issues in the particular location.
- To ensure periodical clients reconciliations and balance confirmations are available.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Ability to solve problems and provide credible solutions
- Confident to challenge where appropriate
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time management skills and able to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency
- Eagerness to learn quickly, be proactive and share knowledge
- Well-developed listening skills combined with the capability to apply judgment and seek guidance when escalation to a functional expert is appropriate
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic
- 4+ years of relevant experience ideally in a professional services firm
- Able to interact well with people at all levels within the firm and build strong relationships
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Packages. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word in particular.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and eager to analyze and solve complex cases.
- Have a finance related degree, studying for an accountancy qualification or experience working for a professional service or consultancy environment.
- Be innovative, confident and creative thinker with ability to make quick decisions.
Ideally, you will also have
- A business/commercial degree or post graduate.
- Experience in budgeting and account forecasting.
- People management and development experience.
- Great knowledge of market activities.
- Good business-related experience background.
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.