Senior Consultant - Solution Architect | EY Rapid Innovation
EYFull time Full day
Join our Rapid Innovation Consulting team in Pakistan as a Senior Consultant – Solution Architect. Unlock new heights in your career as a Solution Architect with our dynamic team, where you'll spearhead the design and rigorous testing of advanced technical architectures across leading cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP. Your role is instrumental in driving continuous innovation through comprehensive research and the strategic implementation of improvements, while also providing expert guidance to development teams. Collaborate on the creation of scalable application architectures, lead impactful client workshops, and seamlessly integrate with our internal IT professionals. Address performance issues, propose enhancements, and ensure seamless project success. Beyond technical expertise, your role involves stakeholder communication, contribution to pre-sales activities with precise estimates and designs, all while playing a pivotal role in delivering solutions that precisely align with customer objectives.
EY Rapid Innovation
As a Multinational Member Firm in the EY network, Rapid Innovation, based in Pakistan, exclusively provides its services to MENA based EY Member Firms across the MENA region, excluding Pakistan. The work is executed remotely by working virtually with our MENA onshore teams and sometime may require travel to MENA EY offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Designing, modifying, and testing technical architecture for AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Continually research current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Analyze currently used technologies and determine ways to improve.
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed updates.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions.
- Provide supervision and guidance to development teams.
- Collaborate with development teams to design application architecture, enabling the teams
to produce scalable, optimized and user intensive applications on language agnostic
- Lead client technical design workshops and delivery projects with AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Work closely with IT professionals within the company to ensure infrastructure is available
for projects and is working properly.
- Consult on application performance issues and suggest architecture enhancements to meet
application performance goals.
- Propose and establish a framework for necessary contributions from different teams.
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and
- Work closely with product owners, project management and development teams to
successfully monitor progress of initiatives.
- Inform various stakeholders about any issues with the current technical solutions being
- Assess the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Provide updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs and budgets.
- Develop technical solutions and pre-sales deliverables in support of customer goals.
- Support pre-sales activities with infrastructure sizing estimates and high-level designs
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a Solution Architect or a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science is preferred.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience in developing cloud native, cloud agnostic and IT infrastructures.
- Hands-on working experience with AWS, Azure and/or GCP is a must.
- Certifications in AWS/Azure are preferred.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases is a must.
- Experience in API based architectures (e.g., SOA).
- Proven experience in writing detailed architecture diagrams is a must.
- In-depth understanding of coding languages e.g., Python, Java, Kotlin, C# or C++.
- Solid experience and deep understanding of backend development technologies.
- Experienced in the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies.
- Been on at least one “death march” and know exactly why some things must be avoided.
- Strong understanding of design patterns including asynchronous programming, queuing, logging, security, and persistence.
- Mastery of different caching layers and strategies including Memcached and Redis.
- Understanding of industry best practices regarding system security measures.
- Has working knowledge of bleeding-edge experience platforms e.g., Sitecore, Optimizely.
- Proven ability to collaborate in cross-functional and multi-location teams and environments.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; This is an absolute must. We have heated debates around complicated subjects, and you will be expected to lead conversations around them.
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand-new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.