International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)Full time Full day
9th February, 2024
Last date to apply
23rd February, 2024
Community & Social Services
The Communication Officer (Team Leader) is the focal point for communication topics at the sub-delegation level. S/he helps to position the ICRC Sub delegation by strengthening its external networking and contributes to setting and implementing priorities, objectives and strategies. S/he supports the orientation, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the sub-delegation’s communication and, where applicable, prevention activities and may supervise and provide technical support to the team.
- Defines communication and prevention objectives for the geographic or thematic area covered in line with the priorities of the field sub-structure(s) and/or the delegation’s communication and prevention strategy. This is done in co-operation with the Deputy Head(s) of Sub-Structure and/or the Communication or Communication/Prevention Manager, and in line with other programme objectives.
- Is responsible for implementing and evaluating relevant activities and adapting supporting tools within the geographic or thematic area covered, including: operational communication, community engagement, promotion, integration and implementation of international humanitarian law (IHL), building National Red Crescent Society communication capacity, public communication, production/distribution, digital communication and information analysis/environment scanning.
- Supports the Deputy Head(s) of Sub-Structure and/or Communication or Communication/Prevention Manager in networking with relevant leaders and organizations in the area(s) covered.
- Works to enhance ICRC acceptance by representing the ICRC to relevant audiences, e.g. national/local authorities, political parties, policy makers, representatives of communities, media, NGOs, advocacy groups and academic circles.
- Contributes to the delegation's communication and prevention-related policies, guidance and programmes.
- Leads the Communication Team of Peshawar Sub Delegation. Implements and modifies (periodically) communication and prevention strategies.
- Follows political, security and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues related to the ICRC's reputation/perception and capacity to operate in the geographic area covered, contributing to their analysis.
- Oversees the communication/prevention budget for the field sub-structure or specific topics.
- University degree in Communications, Social sciences, international relations, or journalism or relevant field.
- Minimum five (05) years of relevant working experience particularly in the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent knowledge of the context (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including Merged Areas) is a prerequisite for this position.
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills.
- Computer skills (proficiency in MS office), familiarity with online and social media communication tools.
- Ability to create content in Urdu and/or Pashtu, an advantage
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required. Knowledge of the local language i.e., Pashtu is an advantage.
- Open ended contract
- A competitive package.
- Extensive opportunities for learning and development.
Your application should be submitted no later than 23/02/2024 and MUST include:
- A cover/motivation letter setting out briefly your motivation and suitability for the position.
- A complete and up-to-date CV/Resume.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for further assessment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture, as the diversity of ICRC is critical to our acceptance and the quality of our activities. We encourage individuals from different genders, and backgrounds, as well as people with disabilities, to apply for this position.
Application submitted after the closing date shall not be entertained