Geospatial Survey Consultant
CABI (Regional Bioscience Centre) PakistanFull time Full day
12th February, 2024
Last date to apply
18th February, 2024
25K to 35K PKR per day for 20 days assignment.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced GPS-Based Survey Consultant to conduct a comprehensive survey of irrigated agricultural fields. The primary objective of this short-term contract is to gather accurate geospatial data that will aid in the detection of irrigation practices, resource management, and overall agricultural practices.
- Reviewing and implementing a detailed survey plan outlining the methodology, equipment, and timeline.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders, including farmers, landowners, and local authorities, to ensure smooth execution.
- Utilize GPS technology to accurately map and collect geospatial data for irrigated agricultural fields.
- Record relevant information such as field locations, irrigation infrastructure, crop types, and any other pertinent details.
- Implement rigorous quality control measures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of collected data.
- Validate data against ground truth information and resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepare a report summarizing survey findings, key insights, and actionable recommendations.
- Document the survey methodology, data sources, and any challenges encountered during the process.
- Participate in various planning meetings to develop fieldwork strategies for the engagement of farmers/stakeholders as a part of work plans
- Support the project team in developing various reports, case studies, news, blogs success stories, videos and research articles.
- Any other duty assigned by project manager.
Required Education & Experience
- A master's degree in GIS, environmental sciences or geographical sciences, with advanced knowledge of GIS software, from an international institution or well reputed HEC recognized university.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant subject areas.
- Proficiency in using GPS equipment and software for accurate geospatial data collection.
- Understanding of irrigated agriculture, crop types, and irrigation infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with stakeholders and coordinate survey activities.
- Experience in implementing quality control measures for geospatial data.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and well-organized reports.
- Experiences in identification and solving problems related to agriculture and social sciences.
- Knowledge of different primary and secondary data sources and research methods.
- Proven record of generating quality reports and scientific literature and tailoring and translating them into documents, for easy understanding among farming communities.
- Honest, dedicated, social, motivated, disciplined, and self-organized to deliver quality work at prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to plan work schedules to meet agreed deadlines.
- Effective team player and conversant with a transdisciplinary approach.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft programmes such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel and conduct fieldwork.
Reporting to: Project Manager
Contract Duration: The consultant will be engaged for a short-term contract with an estimated duration of 20 days. The project is expected to commence in March 2024.
Consultancy fee: 25K to 35K PKR per day.