Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
CESVI Country Office, IslamabadFull time Full day
12th February, 2024
Last date to apply
18th February, 2024
Monitoring & Evaluation
220,000 to 250,000
- University degree in a specialty relevant to the humanitarian and development sector, preferably in social sciences (Development Studies, Sociology, social work, or Economics, etc.)
- At least s-7 years of experience in humanitarian- and/or development work with NGOs or INGOs with 4-5 years of proven experience in MEAL
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in designing and implementing MEAL systems, monitoring, quantitative and qualitative studies and tools, CFM with a national or international NGO and/or research organization both in development as well as emergency context.
- Proven skills in MS Word, Excel, Sprockler, KOBO Toolbox, database management
- Experience in a wide range of data collection methodologies for qualitative and quantitative studies, statistical analysis, and survey design
- Ability to contribute to report writing, document development, strong coaching, mentoring, and facilitation skills
- Fluent in English, and Urdu both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently to a high standard
- Flexible when faced with the varying situations and needs of data collection exercises and exhibits strong nerves under pressure
- Willingness to travel and carry out extensive fieldwork in program areas in Pakistan
Role/Purpose of the Position:
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator will ensure that learning from the programs is systematically captured and used throughout the country program. The position requires competencies, experience, and skills to support in strengthening CESVI’s MEAL system based on the commitments with the donor. The position holder requires an in-depth understanding and demonstrated experiences in setting up MEAL systems and associated MEAL requirements along with excellent analytical and writing skills.
Responsibilities: Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning will be responsible for the following deliverables outlined:
- Develop and implement high-quality monitoring and evaluation systems that assess and reflect the projects’ achievement.
- Manage MEAL plan, and project progress reports of field offices and consolidate them; develop and apply the appropriate reporting system that keeps all relevant stakeholders informed on progress and outcomes
- Develop the capabilities of field-based MEAL Officers in the areas of collection and analysis of data (method, formats, software, etc.), indicator measurement, feedback and complaint mechanisms, negative impact analysis, etc.
- Provide technical and methodological support to the MEAL Officers for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities, data management (development of questionnaires for surveys, sampling, input method, extraction of useful data and interpretation), and integration of cross-functional issues.
- Support MEAL officers, and implementing partner teams through the creation or adaptation of tools to: monitor indicators on the project and the impact of activities (through both a monitoring and evaluation plan and the ensuing surveys/tools).
- Improve understanding of field offices and implementing partners on CHS, particularly on the importance of information sharing with communities (CHS 4) and consultations with communities for setting up of CFM (CHS 5)
- Implement a Complaint Feedback Mechanism (CFM), which ensures the CFM system is in place to officially document complaints and feedback in an official database, processed, and that people receive an appropriate, timely response.
- Follow-up on CFM functionality, outreach (inclusive), and effectiveness (safe and accessible) during field visits
- Regularly make quality checks on data coming from field offices, provide feedback, and upload progress on Performance Monitoring System and program-based data management platforms.
- Produce accurate data sheets and high-quality reports for reporting to donors, the Government of Pakistan, and other coordination forums on specified dates and timelines.
- In collaboration with the Head of the Program, facilitate field-level learning events (Review workshop, reflection, lesson learned, and external/internal evaluation) to capture, document, and disseminate lessons learned for internal and external purposes.
- Facilitate the learning process, document, and prioritize the findings in an adequate form and share with relevant stakeholders
- Support the publication of the results of the initiative, Progress reports, and case studies
- The MEAL Coordinator may be called upon as part of his/her roles and responsibilities to participate in and/ or provide support to emergency response situations when and where required in consultation with his/her line manager
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must send their resume (strictly not more than 03 pages) along with a Cover letter (strictly not more than 01 page) explaining suitability for the position to HR Department.this position may be filled before the due date. Do not wait for the deadline as the application will be processed on a rolling basis. Please mention at least two recent professional references in CV, one of them being your present or earlier supervisor. Please note that one person should apply for one position, if he/she has applied for two different posts will be eliminated.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be held in Islamabad. TA/DA for the interview will not be admissible by Cesvi. Cesvi is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.cesvi.eu