Junior Trader- Cotton
Louis Dreyfus CompanyFull time Full day
Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world. Structured as a matrix organization of six geographical regions and ten platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 17,000 people globally.
Along with the below listed responsibilities, the employee should conduct any other business related to the function as required by her or his supervisor.
1-Supply & Demand Analysis:
- Keep abreast of latest trends in production, consumption, export, and imports, including weather developments and its a impact on production, as well as impact on balance sheet.
- Come up with continuous trading/marketing ideas and defend position with an open attitude to learning.
3-Origination & Marketing:
- To keep a tab on market and track latest developments in trade that influence and can affect the company’s business. Develop good business relationships in the trade to gather market news, strike deal with the buyers and sellers.
- Develop a good sense of logistics, so as to enable smooth operations for completion of the trade.
- Prior knowledge of Agri commodities (Cotton, Oilseeds) or ability to learn about the product.
- Able to work with targets with an attitude to surpass them.
- Identify, negotiate, and bring to fruition trade opportunities
- Well versed with cross border trade terms as well as local trade terms.
- Ability to analyses costs and optimize the same.
- Support the operations team in negotiating suppliers / vendors / service providers for warehouses, transportation and other services.
Additional Information for the job
Diversity & Inclusion
LDC is driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA. LDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
LDC encourages diversity, supports local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company.
We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
- A workplace culture that embraces diversity and inclusivity
- Access to Training and Development
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Regular events that foster team engagement