Agronomist ( Cotton)
Louis Dreyfus CompanyFull time Full day
Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world. Structured as a matrix organization of six geographical regions and eight platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 17,000 people globally.
1. Implementation and supervision of agreed research methodology for crop estimation
2. Contribution to the development of the research methodology and strategy. Continuous review of the
methodology being applied in view of observations made during crop tours.
3. Conduct crop tours across different regions of Pakistan.
4. Collection and evaluation of primary and secondary data and performing sanity check on databases and
external sources to ensure consistency of data.
5. Estimate cotton areas by collecting data from
a) official sources regularly
b) Confirmation of area estimates through visual estimation of area changes
c) Farmer interviews
d) Gathering of information from third parties like research institutes, Seed industry, Agri departments etc.
6. Highlight the risks to the crop estimate by working out various scenarios. Assessment of the impact of various
scenarios on yields and associated probabilities such as weather, pests, diseases and changing costs or supply.
of inputs or labor etc.
7. Close monitoring of weather developments and long-term forecasts to update production estimates.
8. Analyze trends, evaluate behaviors etc. and make appropriate conclusions.
9. Conducting detailed cost of production & Gross margins studies.
10. Communication of the findings in the form of well-argued crop tour report
Direct Reporting: Manager Research- (Based in Pakistan)
Matrix Reporting: Head of Agri Research– Cotton (India & Pakistan)
Masters in agriculture (Specialization in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Horticulture)
Good to have proficiency in English, Punjabi/Sindhi.
1. Strong working knowledge in MS office.
2. Very possess strong analytical skills.
3. Business presentation skills in English (written and spoken)
4. Willing to travel upcountry on regular basis for crop tours and to supervise the implementation of crop estimation
5. Preferably family background is agriculture
Diversity & Inclusion
LDC is driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA. LDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
LDC encourages diversity, supports local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company.
We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
- A workplace culture that embraces diversity and inclusivity
- Access to Training and Development
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Regular events that foster team engagement