Resourcing Pool Officer
British CouncilFull time Full day
Resourcing Pool Officer
Date: 12 Feb 2024
Location: Islamabad, South Asia, PK
Company: British Council
We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2021–22 we reached 650 million people
Resourcing Pool Officer
The purpose of this role is to assist in planning, training and deploying the right mix and profile of Venue Supervisors and Venue Staff for Test Day delivery. Responsible for ensuring accurate resource availability on the test day, capability, contingency and pipeline to meet demand of venue staff for different types of exams. This role will be making best use of technology to ensure the timely and accurate communication of duty schedules to the resources. This role will execute all relevant actions suggested by the manager and head assigned to him which are part of developing work force plan, resource engagement/retention plan. This role will also manage and ensure that performance motoring is conducted regularly and share any abnormal incidents/ behavior/ trends with manager
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
Product Service Delivery
- Check availability of resource Pool and use IT/BOSS systems to ensure accurate scheduling
- Be able to plan a capacity profile to meet the provisional demand forecast for different exam products
- Timely communications with VS and test day staff to ensure smooth exam delivery
- Manage logistics of Training of VS & support training as and when required
- Managing the system of Performance evaluation of VS
- Ensuring VS are paid accurately and timely through payment process
- Support management in staff recruitment
- Takes end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues relating to venue staff coordinating input from other colleagues/departments/managers as required, to do so. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Advises on or directly engages with Venue Staff when issues/ complaints arise to provide solutions
- Develops good working relationships with all operation teams, customer services and procurement
Risk & compliance
- Contingency planning and risk management of supply.
- Ensuring standards and performance for VS to manage Exam security and compliance
- Ensuring Compliance aspects of VS throughout the process of venue staff management
- Managing short term supply issues and planning contingencies during exam delivery
Analysis & reporting
- Supports daily/weekly planning/capacity meetings
- Prepares dashboard consisting of weekly/ monthly reporting of venue staff utilization
Commercial & resource management
- Operates and runs regular reports on range of standard, corporate financial processes and procedures to enable effective budget and resource management for the team, unit or project(s) – e.g. purchase order system, FABS, SAP, procurement processes or BOSS.
Leadership & management
- Motivates and encourages team performance in virtual (non face to face situations).
- Plans and prioritises cluster's operational activities and supports team knowledge and skills development towards effective delivery of services.
- Ensure that safeguarding implementation standards are followed in exams structures and mechanisms that promote safety for children and adults
- Escalate safeguarding concern the National Safeguarding Manager Pakistan.
- Ensure safe recruitment process are consistently followed and sustained for venue staff and third parties.
- The post holders must ensure that his/her behaviour is in line with safeguarding code of conduct with interacting with children and adults.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience of working with data bases and systems
- Experience working in an exams environment
- Must have knowledge/ experience in child protection policies and practices
- Knowledge of British Council EDI and recruitment policy’s and standards
- Experience or evidence of non- permanent resource management Knowledge of Working on scheduling software.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development and its impact on behavior. Knowledge and understanding of child transitions. Knowledge and understanding of legislation and ethics surrounding confidentiality and security of information. Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and well‐ being of children.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of working with children. Experience of safe planning, organization and delivery of activities for children
Vacancy – 3
Pay Band – 4/H
Contract Type – Indefinite contract - Local
Location – Islamabad, Pakistan
Requirements - Candidates must have the pre-existing right to live and work in Pakistan
Closing Date – Thursday, 22 February 2024
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted
Assistant Manager Medical- Islamabad Campus
NUSTFull time Full day
Last Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 Job Detail Job Ref #: Job/5014/02/21/2024 Age Limit: 2545 Experience: Posted Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2024 Salary: Market Competitive Job Description: Qualification/Experience:- BBA or equivalent 16 years of education from an HEC-recognized Institution. Candidates...
Supply Chain Officer, NOB, FT #122633, Islamabad - Pakistan
UNFull time Full day
UNICEF works in some of the world toughest places, to reach the world most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child,...
PPM Pharmacy Assistant
Mercy CorpsFull time Full day
Posted date 14th February, 2024 Last date to apply 20th February, 2024 Country Pakistan Locations Islamabad Category Project Management Type Full Time Position 1 Experience 2 years General Position Summary: The PPM Pharmacy Assistant will be responsible for validating prescriptions...