Sr. LAB TECHNOLOGIST
EASYRECRUEFull time Full day
The Senior Lab Technologist will be designated as in-charge of the particular section of the Laboratory. The extent of the work is to perform the difficult tests or when there is a doubt in any result for QA and supervise the working of the Lab Technicians & other lab staff in his area of responsibility. Conducts/participates in internal & external QA activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Discusses and facilities requested investigations with the Primary Physician of the case as required and conducts complicated tests for QA.
- Ensures readiness of all reports/findings for the reporting pathologist within stipulated time.
- Communicates the reports to the reporting pathologist/in charge as soon as ready.
- Provides urgent reports to patients/attendant/physicians as per policy.
Preventive / Promotive:
- Ensures compliance of SOPs particularly on Infection Control, Waste Management etc.
- Ensures that equipment being used are clean/sterilized.
- Ensures that all staff performing tests or participating in the procedures is physically well protected by using PPE e.g. wearing proper dress i.e. gowns, masks, caps, gloves and shoes etc.
Teaching / Supervision:
- Trains and supervises the subordinate staff for compliance of work related SOPs / Protocols / instructions.
- Remains on call after working hours.
- Checks the punctuality & performance of the subordinate staff as per JD's SOP's & SMP's.
- Ensures the responsible staff regularly upkeeps/cleans the section & maintains electro-medical equipment to ensure their functionality at all the time.
- Ensures that the supplies of chemicals/kits/reagents & consumables etc. are regularly replenished.
- Ensures technical assistance to the management for procuring equipment/kits as needed.
- Writes Performance Evaluation Reports of subordinate staff.
- Performs any other professional duty assigned by the in charge.
- Academic Qualification: BSc/BS (Hons) Medical Lab Technology (MLT) and M.Phil. or MS in any Sub-discipline of Pathology from HEC recognized Institute.
- Experience: Minimum 03 years relevant working experience with renowned organizations.
- Age Limit: 40 Years
- Compliance: Commitment towards the hospital values
- Patient care focused approach to work and service quality
- General temperament & Attributes: Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Integrity and a professional attitude
- Ability to do detailed work and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Enjoy taking a methodical approach to the work, analyzing results, establishing procedures and using computers and specialized instruments for accurate and precise testing
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and computer skills
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to enhancing the quality and sustainability of laboratory services including customer satisfaction
Job Type: Full-time
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.